Skip to main content

Featured

2025 My thoughts on the Nintendo Switch 2!

 Hi everyone, I know it has been a while since I uploaded a Nintendo Switch game review. I am trying to work on this blog again and get back into the rhythm of it. However, today I wanted to talk about the Nintendo Switch 2 and why I think it is a waste of money right now. Back when it was announced on January 16th, 2025, I was excited at first; however, that soon turned into dread upon hearing more details. Such as the price right now, which is $449, which is crazy to think about. When the Nintendo Switch OLED came out, it was priced at $350, which is a lot cheaper; however, it is not in 4k.  The second main complaint I have about the Nintendo Switch 2 is that a few games are doing the game key card idea, which in my opinion is so brain dead. Why Nintendo is going down this road is beyond me. I would also like to say that Nintendo is starting to price their games at different prices, which is not helpful for consumers. Such as Donkey Kong Bananza, which costs $70, not to ment...

Top SNES Games on Nintendo Switch Online my opinon

Hi everyone, I wanted to rank my top 5 SNES games on the Nintendo Switch Online app. The 5 rankings will be on how fun the game is, how hard it is, and how well it holds up to the original on the SNES system. 


1. Super Mario World, I would say, holds up well today even after so many years, such as the level designs and story. There is also the fact that a lot of elements from this game have been imported into new future Mario games. The game, I would say, can be a bit challenging sometimes but nowhere near as hard as some other Mario games. I would say it runs fine on the emulator of the Switch. However, playing on the original SNES just feels right. There has been a huge return in the game due to kaizo levels for Super Mario World.

2. Earthbound: This is a classic example of a fun time on the SNES. There have been many turn-based RPGs over the years, but none, in my opinion, come close to Earthbound. Earthbound has unique enemies, a rich story, and even fun side characters to meet. In Earthbound you fight the enemies with turn-based combat. You can use items and weapons like slingshots and bats and wear accessories. 

3. Donkey Kong Country I think Donkey Kong Country is still a great 2D platformer after years of other 2D platformers having come out. Donkey Kong Country still is great even when played on an emulator or even the original console. However, I like to play it on either the SNES Classic Mini or on the NSO app. The pixel art is still drop-dead gorgeous to this day, and the music is amazing, such as the aquatic ambiance or the main theme of Donkey Kong.

4. Star Fox Star Fox is an on-the-rails shooter that came out at a good time for the SNES. Be warned, however, the game can be a bit challenging. The early levels play well; however, in the late game it can be quite difficult because of the old-school controls. One fact to point out, unlike other Star Fox games, is that the performance of the game can be less than desired. Before you hop in the campaign, you can practice in the training mode and fly through rings with your Arwing. 

5. Super Mario Kart This is the first Mario Kart game in the series, and it plays pretty well for a game 34 years ago. I think that there are a lot of good things about the original Mario Kart, such as the characters to choose from. As well as the tracks you get to race on, even the items are quite simple at the time of the release. There is a battle mode as well with a classic balloon attack where you must pop the other team's balloons. The music was done by Soyo Oka, who also did other Nintendo games like Wario's Woods, Ice Hockey, and others.

Comments