Skip to main content

Featured

2025 My thoughts on the Nintendo Switch 2!

 Hi everyone, I know it has been a while since I uploaded a Nintendo Switch game review. I am trying to work on this blog again and get back into the rhythm of it. However, today I wanted to talk about the Nintendo Switch 2 and why I think it is a waste of money right now. Back when it was announced on January 16th, 2025, I was excited at first; however, that soon turned into dread upon hearing more details. Such as the price right now, which is $449, which is crazy to think about. When the Nintendo Switch OLED came out, it was priced at $350, which is a lot cheaper; however, it is not in 4k.  The second main complaint I have about the Nintendo Switch 2 is that a few games are doing the game key card idea, which in my opinion is so brain dead. Why Nintendo is going down this road is beyond me. I would also like to say that Nintendo is starting to price their games at different prices, which is not helpful for consumers. Such as Donkey Kong Bananza, which costs $70, not to ment...

Resident Evil 5 Nintendo Switch Review

Overview 

Resident Evil 5 came out in March 2009. How well does it hold up today? I would say really well; Resident Evil 5 is a co-op action shooter game that is really fun. It takes place in West Africa instead of its predecessor, Resident Evil 4, in Spain. The game does things really well for a new entry of its time; however, there are some of my personal issues in the game. For one of the main aspects of the game is that you can play the entire story in co-op. There are online game modes, and mercenaries make a return in the best possible way, in my opinion. Resident Evil 5 on Nintendo eShop costs $20; however, sometimes it will go on sale from Capcom. 


Story

The story of Resident Evil 5 takes place 5 years after the events of Resident Evil 4. Chris returns; he then is paired up with a local named Sheva. The main villain in the game is Albert Wesker and Chris's former partner Jill Valentine. Together Chris and Sheva fight their way through West Africa to stop Wesker's plan to take over the world. Wesker's plan to take over the world is a parasite called "Uroboros," which is very deadly to the people that it infects. The story will take you to kinds of environments throughout West Africa, such as cities, oil refineries, swamps, and old temples. 



Gameplay and Controls

The Gameplay of Resident Evil 5 is still third-person over-the-shoulder combat; there are slight tank controls from the previous games. However, the controls this time around are much more refined. There are multiple difficulties to select, and the bosses are not that hard to beat. Other gameplay included is sometimes with co-op in mind. Sometimes Chris needs a hand to kick down a door, or sometimes puzzles need both people to hit a switch at the same time. There are quick-time events within the game, such as in the previous Resident Evil 4. There are lots of treasures to find in the main story too—to find and sell to upgrade weapons and unlock new gear.



Gameplay and Photos





Final thoughts

Overall I feel like this game for me is 8/10 so much fun to replay it over again to unlock new things such as costumes, infinite ammo, and weapons. Plus, there is always an online mode to try out with the leaderboards. 

If you liked this post please consider adding your email to the mailing list so you can be updated on new blog posts or other general posts. Thank you for reading

Comments